Photos are the first thing your customers see when they land on an activity page on the website. Customers are able to more clearly imagine the experience offered and get excited about it when high-quality photos are part of your product. You can add or change photos at any time.
To add, delete and rearrange your photos:
1. Photograph in ideal conditions
Nice weather will present your activity in a way that looks more appealing to customers than grey or rainy days.
2. Use bright images
Make sure there is enough light when taking the photographs so all details are visible and vibrant.
3. Frame the shot
Keep the focal point of the image at the center of your photo.
4. Take landscape photos
Vertical photos do not display correctly on the activity page, so make sure your photos are landscape (horizontal) with a 2:3 ratio. Only horizontal images will pass the quality check process.
5. Show the experience and give context
- Show as many different aspects of what customers will experience as possible.
- Take photos of participants who have given their permission, the sights, the tour guide, what is included and any transportation used.
- Keep your photographs wide enough to help customers understand the whole image at once.
Example Bike Tour Photos:
Example Entrance Ticket Photos: