Share your tax details with us within the Supplier Administration site. We’re obliged to ask for these details in order to be legally compliant and secure your payment transactions.  

**To note, any reference to VAT on this FAQ is also a reference to sales tax/GST/equivalent**

1. What information does GetYourGuide need from me? 

The following may be found on the Company profile page of the Supplier Administration site under “Company details.”

A. Legal status: We need to know the legal status of your business – whether officially registered as a company or you trade as an individual – which affects what tax information we’re obliged to ask you for.

  • Individual: no separation between the business and its owner

  • Company: separation between business and its owner typically via incorporation of a legal entity

    • usually additional documentation requirements including Articles of Association and Company Registration Number (or equivalent)  

B. Company registration number and document: The official number and document given to your company on registering as a legal commercial entity, such as a company or corporation.

The following can be found on the Payment & billing page on the Supplier Administration site under “Payment Details.”

C. VAT details: We need to know whether or not you’re VAT-registered, in which country, and your VAT number (or sales tax ID).  

D. Tax identification number (TIN): This refers to the number provided to you by your local tax authority when you registered your business with them.

2. Where can I find my tax identification number (TIN)? 

You can find information about different countries’ tax identification number here (OECD), including the local terminology for your number, its format, and where you can locate it. 

See examples of some countries’ tax identification number name and format below:

  • Australia

    • Company

      • Local name: ABN (Australian Business Number)

      • Local number format: 99 999 999 999

    • Individual

      • Local name: TFN (Tax File Number)

      • Local number format: 999 999 999

  • Canada

    • Company

      • Local name: BN (Business Number)

      • Local number format: 999999999

    • Individual

      • Local name: SIN (Canadian Social Insurance Number)

      • Local number format: 999999999

  • France

    • Company

      • Local name: SIREN

      • Local number format: 99 99 999 999 999

    • Individual

  • Local name: SPI
  • Local number format: 999 999 999

Note, on the Supplier Administration site you will be asked to confirm the status of your business, whether you trade as either an “Individual” (Sole trader/Sole Proprietorship) or a “Company” (Entity/Corporation).

3. What other tax terminology is helpful to know? 

A. VAT number

A VAT number is a unique identification number that’s assigned to every business registered for VAT (or equivalent, for example, sales tax/GST/HST). VAT numbers are only given to businesses registered for VAT.

A VAT number is unrelated to Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Company Registration Number (CRN) - it is possible for a business to have more than one of these numbers. The purpose of a VAT number is to help identify VAT-registered businesses.

Examples of local VAT number formats:

4. [For USA only] Employer Identification Number (EIN)

This is a business’ main tax identification number in the US, also known as a Federal Identification Number (FEIN). It consists of 9 numbers, in the format XX-XXXXXXX.

You may not have an EIN, for example, if your business is not incorporated. In this case please provide your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), both of which consist of 9 numbers.

5. [For USA only] Form W-9

The Form W-9 template can be found here and should be completed and uploaded to GetYourGuide’s Supplier Administration site.

Form W-9 is a commonly used IRS form for providing necessary information to a person or company that will be making payments to another person or company.

6. [For USA only] Sales tax ID

A sales tax ID is a number provided by the state tax authority on registering to collect taxes in-state (as opposed to EIN/SSN which are issued at the federal level) and shows up on your sales tax permit.

The format of sales tax ID numbers vary by state, and in a small number of states the sales tax ID issued by the state authorities will be the same as your federal EIN.

Sales tax IDs may also sometimes instead be referred to as your resale or reseller number. 

Examples of US State Tax IDs can be found here.