We now offer a ticket scanner on the Bookings page directly on the Supplier Administration site, available on mobile devices (Android and iPhone) only for scanning QR codes.
Why is this helpful for me?
This reduces the number of apps you need to have open when you’re scanning your customers’ entry tickets. So, now you just need to be logged into the Supplier Administration site on your phone to access this feature — no separate ticketing app is required.
What do I need to use it?
• An Android or iPhone mobile device
• WiFi access
• An updated web browser (ideally Google Chrome)
How do I use the web voucher/ticket scanner?
- Log into the Supplier Administration site on your mobile device
- Go to the Bookings page
- Click on the green icon that says “Scan ticket” in the bottom right corner of the page
- Enable the permissions that allow the use of your phone’s camera
- Hold your mobile device’s camera over the GetYourGuide ticket QR code
- Confirm the ticket is valid to finalize the scan
- If valid, you’ve successfully scanned the customer’s GetYourGuide voucher/ticket!
What if the ticket doesn’t scan correctly?
If the QR code is not recognized by the scanner:
- Click on the camera screen to bring the QR code into focus
- Move the camera further away until the QR code comes into focus
- Ask the customer to increase the brightness of their screen if you’re scanning a mobile device screen
If you see any of the following error messages after scanning a ticket, they mean:
- “Ticket invalid — it was already validated & confirmed”: the ticket was already scanned and redeemed, either via this ticket scanner or in the Supplier App
- “Ticket code cannot be found in our system”: the ticket is either for a different supplier, was not issued by GetYourGuide, or was for a booking that was cancelled
- “Ticket isn’t valid for this timeslot”: the ticket is for a different timeslot
Anything else I should know?
• We’ll be switching off the Supplier App by December 2022. We encourage you to switch to the ticket scanner on the Supplier Administration site as soon as you can train your employees to use the ticket scanner. This is in order to avoid a rushed transfer out of the app.
• Currently, this ticket scanner is only available on mobile devices, and not on tablets or desktop computers.