Below are the possible reasons why a connected product was automatically deactivated and some of the frequently asked questions.
What should I do if I receive a notification about my product being deactivated?
Please contact your booking platform as they are able to identify the root cause of the issue and suggest the best solution.
Should I contact GetYourGuide if my product was deactivated?
There is no need to contact us unless you have specific questions about changing your product configuration in the GetYourGuide Supplier Administration Portal.
What should I do to put my product back online?
Once your booking platform confirms that the issue has been resolved, please activate your tour option in the GetYourGuide Supplier Administration Portal.
To reactivate the option check the step by step instructions here.
Invalid Product Error
If your product was deactivated due to invalid product error, it’s because your booking system has notified us that your product does not exist, is broken or misconfigured. Please verify if:
- product should be API connected
- product is mapped with correct product ID
- product is correctly configured and if this configuration is supported by GetYourGuide
- you have enabled API connection with GetYourGuide in your booking system
You can update the product configuration and connectivity settings in the Supplier Administration Portal. If the product should be connected and online, please reactivate it in the Supplier Administration Portal once the issue is resolved.
If you checked all above and you can’t identify the reason for disconnection, please contact your booking system’s support team.
Invalid No Availability Error
If your product was deactivated due to a invalid no availability error, it means we received inconsistent information about your availability, i.e. when a customer tried to purchase your product, they were not able to add it to the shopping cart due to a no availability error sent to us by your booking system. When we then tried to update availability for the same time slot, your booking system returned the number of vacancies that would have been enough to reserve. Example:
- Customer tries to add 3 adult tickets to the shopping cart for July 31st 2021, 11:00am.
- GYG receives an API error from your booking system indicating that there are 0 tickets available on July 31st 2021, 11:00am (customer sees an error).
- GYG calls your booking system to update availability for July 31st 2021, 11:00am.
- Your booking system replied with 20 vacancies available on July 31st 2021, 11:00am (which would have been enough to process the customer reservation request)
Please contact your booking system’s support team to fix the root cause of this issue to ensure it does not happen again. Once it is fixed, you can reactivate your product in the Supplier Administration.
If you’d like your product to be available in the meantime, you can disconnect it from the API and manage your availability and bookings manually in the Supplier Administration Portal.
How to disconnect a product from API?
- Click on Edit button next to Connected via ‘your booking system’
- Select the Availability tab from the left side menu.
- Select No under Do you use a booking system for your availability?