Everyday, millions of people share photos with their friends and family. At GetYourGuide, our travelers fall under that group. And more likely than not, images make up a big part of their everyday decision-making. Those decisions may include: Where to go on vacation and what kind of attractions to see.
To help them choose your activity or tour, you'll want to upload plenty of interesting and high-quality photos that show off your experience. This article explains how to upload photos so that your potential visitors want to partake in the action — based on proven practices.
General tips to get you started
1. Publish at least 4 photos on your activity page. Of course, the more the merrier.
2. Order your images so that they tell a story, especially with your first four. Start with the most all-encompassing image, then go chronologically from there.
3. Balance informational photos with aspirational ones. Your customers want to learn about your activity as much as they want to get excited for it.
1. Post duplicates. Seeing the same pictures in a row can make people lose interest.
2. Leave out important elements of your activity. If your visitors encounter a surprise during the tour that they didn’t see in your photos, they might leave feeling unsatisfied.
What to know about ownership and releases
Ownership and release permissions can be tricky subjects to navigate. Here’s what you need to know:
Ownership: You must either own the photos or have permission to use them on your activity page.
Model releases: If you can identify people in your photos, you must possess model releases. This is especially important if you have minors in the images. Don’t have a model release template? You can use this one.
Now, for the exciting part: technical requirements
What technical requirements should your images meet?
1. Upload your images in landscape format.
2. The minimum size is 1280x960. The ideal size is 2048x1536.
3. Opt for .JPG or .PNG formats
4. We recommend an image ratio of 4:3.
5. Please upload color photos only. Your customers want to feel like they’re already there.
How to upload your photos, step-by-step
Now that you’re familiar with the general guidelines, here’s how you can upload your photos in our dashboard:
1. Go to Products > Manage products.
2. On the right-hand side, click the 3 dots icon > Edit details > Edit product info on the product you would like to add photos to.
3. From the menu on the left-hand side, select Imagery.
4. Tick the box confirming you own the copyright for the pictures.
5. Finally, drag and drop your photos or click Upload photo > Save.
How to delete/reorder photos, step-by-step
1. To remove photos: Click on the small X where it says Delete.
2. To change the order: Hold and drag the = sign above the photos and move them around in your desired order. Then hit Save.
When it comes to creating unforgettable experiences for your customers, your pictures are the first step. To go the extra mile and see even more booking conversions, learn how to optimize your images for success.
Log in now to upload new photos and start seeing new visitors pour in.
Need more assistance? Take your images to the next level with our professional photography services.
- How to upload photos that spark interest in your activity
- How to increase your bookings with optimized photos
- How to take photos of your activity using just your phone
- How to prepare to take photos of your experience
- How to select and edit your photos for optimal bookings
- How to drive more bookings with the GetYourGuide Pro-Photography service